WIE launched its first symposium in New York City in 2010. Our mission was to provide a platform for this generation’s women leaders to inspire and empower the next
- The symposium featured more than 70 exceptional speakers, including Arianna Huffington, Melinda Gates, Sarah Brown, Queen Rania& Donna Karan
- Over the years, the WIE Symposium has attracted an incredible lineup of thought leaders such as Nancy Pelosi, Jill Biden, Diane von Furstenberg, Baroness Valerie Amos, Aerin Lauder, Ambassador MelanneVerveer, Jennifer Buffett, Ted Turner, Lauren Bush, Christy Turlington, Iman and Nora Ephron
- Our organization has an impressive network of over 30,000 influential leaders within its database both in the UK and US.
- WIE launched its first UK symposium on March 8th, 2012 which featured the likes of Deputy Prime Minister Nick Clegg and fashion legend Vivienne Westwood.
THE CHANGING WORKFORCE
- In the last 50 years, the labor force has doubled from 75m in the 1960s to 150m. Women's employment, however, has more than tripled, from under 20 million to just over 60m. In 2010 women made up 46.7% of the labor force
- In 1970, when women accounted for less than a third of employment, a third of women entered the labor force with less than a high school diploma. Today, only one of out fifteen women in the civilian labor force have less than a high school education, and two thirds have at least some college experience
- In 2010, 37% of women had attained a bachelor's degree compared with 35% of men. Today, women make up almost 60% of US college students and earn the majority of doctorates and master’s degrees
- Nearly 40% of wives make more money than their husbands
So as women will continue to be a growing
powerhouse of consumer spending….
…who is serving the needs of this
expanding educated, ambitious, multi-
WIE Network UK (Women: Inspiration and Enterprise) is an organization that empowers and connects women through its websites, symposiums and community. We are launching an online portal for smart, career minded women that incorporates a social network and digital magazine.
The WIE Network is the digital destination for
modern, ambitious women to both network and find
intelligent, inspirational content